Vision & Mission
- To raise the status of D.M. College of Teacher Education (DMCTE) to Institute with Potential for Excellence as per UGC norms and to upgrade this institution at the level of Advanced Studies in Education (IASE) Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) Guidelines, 2012.
- To attain higher levels of Academic Excellence, Access and Equity in the areas of teacher education by providing various productive, value based and quality oriented teacher education programmes to both the in-service teaching and pre-service would be teachers with greater efficiency, transparency, accountability and responsiveness.
- To share in the development of a knowledge based society in this part of the nation by encouraging and promoting research activities, material development and faculty improvement programme (FIP).
- To educate, train, guide and help teacher trainees in a more practical and logical fashion to develop various qualities and skills with an understanding of the aims and objectives of education in dealing with child’s problem, towards teaching profession and broader outlook so as to excel in their profession.
- To guide teacher trainees developed on insight into understanding of the relationships of child’s life with the school work and of society with school and school organisation for enabling them to face the challenges of the changing scenario of this 21st century.
- To train both the in-service school teachers as well as would be teachers to develop competency of teaching and Professional consciousness with an understanding of the aims and objectives of education in the interest of the society nation and the world at large.
- To help teacher trainees make able to use various strategies of teaching-models, techniques, devices, methods, medias, effective communications and evaluation techniques.
- To encourage and promote research activities, innovation, material development and faculty improvement programmes.
- To open other courses of study particularly Diploma in Early Childhood Education, Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) in Education and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Programme Education.